Zetoc Survey 2011-2012 Summary.

A questionnaire was included in the Zetoc web site on 28 November 2011 and taken down on 9 January 2012. We would like to thank all those who took the time to complete the survey, we value your feedback.

The tables and charts below present a summary of the survey responses.

Most Valued Zetoc Feature.

Respondents were asked what they valued most about Zetoc. The features considered most valuable were: Alerts (30%); the ease of use, searching and speed (21%); currency/timeliness (15%); and convenience (14%).

Most Valued Chart

    Most Valued: All Results   Percentage
Alerts   67   30%
Ease of use, searching, speed   48   21%
Coverage   30   13%
Currency/timeliness   33   15%
Data Quality   10   4%
Convenience   31   14%
General Feedback   8   4%
Total Comments   227  

Back to top ^

Work Sector.

Respondents were asked which sector they worked in. Most respondents were involved in the Higher Education Sector (62%), followed by 22% in the NHS.

Sector Chart

   Work Sector: All Results  Percentage
Higher Education  186  62%
Further Education  19  6%
Other Education  4  1%
Government  9  3%
NHS  66  22%
Other  16  6%
Total  302  

Back to top ^

Role.

Respondents were asked in which role do they use Zetoc. 68% of respondents were involved in academic work as students, researchers or lecturing staff. The Other group of respondents (32%) includeded librarians/information professionals (74%) and health professionals (8%).

Role Chart

   Role: All Results  Percentage
Undergraduate student  25  8%
Postgraduate student  89  29%
Lecturer  29  10%
Academic researcher  63  21%
Other  96  32%
Total  302  

Back to top ^

Subject Area.

Respondents were asked, if they currently work or study in an education establishment to specify their subject area. The greatest number of respondents selected Nursing, midwifery and allied health (11%) for their subject area, followed closely by Medicine including dentistry (10%) and Social Sciences (9%). Many respondents chose more than one option so the figures include every subject area selected for each respondent.

Subject Area Chart

Usage Frequency.

Respondents were asked, on average, how often they use Zetoc. 50% of respondents used Zetoc at least weekly.

Usage Frequency Chart

   Usage Frequency: All Results  Percentage
Several times a week  89  29%
Once a week  62  21%
Once or twice a month  68  23%
Less often  26  9%
This is my first use of Zetoc  57  19%
Total  302  

Back to top ^

Ease of use.

Respondents were asked how do they find using Zetoc. 62% of respondents agreed that Zetoc is easy to use.

Ease of use chart

   Ease of use: All Results  Percentage
Very Easy  63  21%
Easy  125  41%
Neither easy or difficult  87  29%
Difficult  22  7%
Very difficult  5  2%
Not answered  0  0%
Total  302  

Back to top ^

Recommend.

Respondents were asked to what extent they agreed with the statement 'I would recommend Zetoc to others'. 85% of respondents agreed that they would recommend Zetoc to others.

Recommend Zetoc chart

   Recommend: All Results  Percentage
Strongly agree  117  39%
Agree  139  46%
Neither agree or disagree  33  11%
Disagree  3  1%
Strongly disagree  2  1%
Not applicable  8  3%
Total  302  

Back to top ^

Comments

Some very positive comments were provided by respondents about the Zetoc service and the features they valued the most. A small selection of the comments can be found below:

Back to top ^